The au-pair program is an opportunity to live
in another country and immerse yourself in the language, culture and customs.
There can be no doubt that living with a new family and in another
country takes time to adapt to, therefore a positive and open mentality is
The family and the au-pair have to make an effort to get to know each
other and understand their differences.
The au-pair must commit to a series of obligations following a code of
- Complete a registration form with personal detail, and a commitment to
answering the questions with honesty
- Not travel to the family until official confirmation and an arrival date
has been established
- Looking after children is of essential importance, responsible and
appropriate conduct should ALWAYS be used.
- Never disregard the duties established by the family and written in the
- Always consult with the family in cases of discipline concerning the
treatment of children and in no case hit or leave them alone .
- Notify the agency immediately if there is any change of information
in the agreement.
- Always be polite and responsible